The Boston Globe seeks a creative, motivated, and experienced reporter to cover the New England Patriots.
- React quickly to emerging stories, consistently break news, thrive under pressure, dig deep to unearth untold stories.
- Develop strong professional relationships with players, coaches, agents, and team management.
- Write about games and the day-to-day activities of the team and its personnel, as well as produce features and more as part of a team of journalists dedicated to covering the Patriots and the NFL.
- Someone with at least 3-5 years experience covering a major professional sports franchise or major college sports program.
- An exceptional writer with the versatility to use a range of story formats for a variety of platforms, including our website, print editions, newsletters, and social media.
- Someone who can write insightful, authoritative, and narrative news reports, features, and notebooks.
- Someone who can develop sources, consistently break news, and thrive under pressure in a highly competitive environment.
- Someone who will provide timely content for all Globe publishing platforms
- Someone who can work effectively as part of a multi-person coverage team.
- Someone who can spot trends, developments, and other storylines that emerge both on and off the field.
- Someone who understands modern online analytics and can use them in content and coverage decision-making.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and when unscheduled news breaks, and travel extensively.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.