The Universal Desk Editor will fulfill editing and/or assignment duties for The Gazette and other Clarity publications. Additional newsroom duties — including pagination and presentation — may be assigned pending operational needs. Salary Range: $45,000.00 to 50,000.00 annually.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit content for The Gazette and other Clarity publications as assigned. Ensure that all Gazette journalism standards are followed, including accuracy, fairness and style.
- Assign stories and work with reporters and other journalists in producing credible and compelling content. Write and develop stories as needed.
- Assist in planning and production of digital, print and other news products. Consistently meet deadlines.
- Assist in pagination and other production duties as assigned or warranted.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This editor’s work schedule will include nights and weekends.
Minimum Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of news of experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in editing and presentation.
- Proficiency in digital journalism.
- Interest in sports, sports expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.