The University of Missouri School of Journalism is seeking a visionary leader ready to help lead a newsroom and inspire the next era of sports journalists at the world’s top-ranked journalism school.
This benefit-eligible, renewable, 12-month faculty position carries the academic rank of Assistant Professional Practice Professor (non-tenure track). The anticipated start date for the position is January 2, 2021.
As the Columbia Missourian’s Sports Editor — and a key instructor of sports journalism, you must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience of writing, editing and managing staff in a digital sports journalism environment.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- The ethical judgment and skill to teach young journalists how to make tough calls on their feet.
- A proven track record of producing quality sports coverage.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- A deep, applied understanding of how to use visual and audio journalism, digital video, and social media to enhance journalistic storytelling.
- The ability to juggle a vibrant daily newsroom’s many needs with ambitious, long-term projects.
- A track record as a collegial collaborator in a newsroom without silos.
Sports Editor, Columbia Missourian, and Assistant Professional Practice Professor, University of Missouri School of Journalism
Please visit https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic and reference job number 33118.
Applicants must submit a resume, a letter outlining employment history and achievements, relevant work samples including relevant material or samples that demonstrate work in investigative journalism, and any evidence of teaching experience. The names and contact information for three references should be provided. Applicants also must provide a one-page diversity statement that specifically addresses how you would engage with a diverse student population with regards to teaching, research, mentoring, and advising.
Review of applications will begin in July 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
For questions, please contact Jennifer Rowe, search committee chair, at email@example.com.
To request ADA accommodations, please contact 573-884-7278 or CheekA@missouri.edu.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer.