The Tribune Publishing Co. is looking for its next star sports reporter to be its next University of Idaho beat writer. This position will entail coverage of all Vandal sports, including the revenue sports of football, men’s and women’s basketball, but also stories involving the Olympic and minor sports at the school, which is located in Moscow, Idaho.
This successful candidate will have one foot firmly planted in traditional journalism, with the other in new media, technologies and the rolling surf of social media.
We’re looking for someone with the right skills, personality and temperament to:
- Break news and be the authority on all of the beats, but in particular the football and two basketball beats. The person must be able to think outside of the box and write compelling game stories, notebooks, features, a weekly column as well as enterprise work and investigative and analysis pieces.
- Be proficient in using video and able to create and produce digital content separate from print stories to complement our web presence.
- Use tools to develop, distribute and enhance stories and grow your brand across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media sites.
- This reporter also must be proficient in InDesign, as the job also will entail some page-design duties. Having some basic photo skills is a plus.
- This reporter also will have his/her hands involved in high schools as well as spot coverage of Lewis-Clark State College sports.
- The reporter also must be able to work and communicate well across news locations and departments.
The position is based in Lewiston, Idaho, and the applicant should have a car and be willing to travel between the Palouse and Lewiston-Clarkston Valley when needed. Night and weekend work is required.
This position is full time and includes a generous benefit package.
The Tribune Publishing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company is
employee- and family-owned.
Email resume, clips, cover letter and references to sports editor Donn Walden at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Resume review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.